Sunday 3 February 2013

Experimenting with clay

This week I have been trying out different forms and textures that had something to do with the word brainstorm I made of the organic and the man-made object. But mostly have been just experimenting different ways I could achieve textures. I learned how to make pinch-pots and make a ball by putting two together. It was interesting to learn this method but I wasn't very good at it. I think that I was better at using the wheel to make a bowl.



Here are pictures of the pieces I made before thy were put into the kiln:













This picture is the organic object from which I drew pictures and made a brainstorm of which I then used to create random forms with textures. In the word brainstorm were words like sharp, spiky, rough, edgy and things like that. For some reason is the picture of the man-made object is not loading but it was a whisk. For that I wrote down words like smooth, shiny and curvy.





No comments:

Post a Comment