Monday 28 January 2013

Wood Block Print

The first elective, which was print is now over and the new elective began today. In ceramics today we were shown different works by different artists and ceramic methods. We started off with mark making today using ink. Tomorrow we will start using clay.




These are the two wood blocks that were cut out for the print. The first one is the background. The second wood block is then placed over it.


This is what the finished print on paper will look like. At first we only used grey and black but I then wanted to print this image onto a t shirt but when I printed it with the grey background I thought it looked a little plain so for the second t shirt I used a blue background which I thought made the image way more effective.



This is the print on the second t shirt. I can't wait to wear it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment